PDA

View Full Version : Best piece of cardio equipment??

ericg
06-05-2001, 07:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what piece of equipment you guys/gals prefered for cardio. I know I can jog outside or grab a jump rope, but what if my ceilings are low and I dont wanna go outside!!

I am looking for something that I can build endurance as well as burn some fat!!! I am leaning towards the treadmill, but I have heard some good things about the eliptical trainer.....oh ya and a stepper.......

What are your thoughts??

Thanks

YatesNightBlade
06-05-2001, 07:45 AM
I prefer to do some up hill walking on the treadmill. For someone as fat and unfit as me ...... it's enough :D.

Uphill running might be more your game as you sound fit already.

Spiderman
06-05-2001, 08:17 AM
Yeah, Yates you had best get movin on your cardio you Lard A$S!! LMFAO!!!!

I personally like running on treadmills. Although stairmaster's aren't to bad either. :)

Savannah
06-05-2001, 08:27 AM
I like doing the Stepmill. It forces you not to cheat as much as on the stepper because you can't lean on the side rails as much as most people do while on a stepper.

Chris Rodgers
06-05-2001, 08:43 AM
The best piece of cardio equipment you could get your hands on would be a hot nympho! Can't go wrong there!

06-05-2001, 08:48 AM
The best piece of cardio is one that you haven't done for a while. Switch 'em up!

Maki Riddington
06-05-2001, 09:06 AM
I totally agree with Av.
If you can swim I would reccomend it, it's a great total body workout.

YatesNightBlade
06-05-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I totally agree with Av.
If you can swim I would reccomend it, it's a great total body workout.

Uh ???? Did I miss that one.:confused:

Maki Riddington
06-05-2001, 09:36 AM
Yates, what I meant to say is that I agree with what Avatar said.

Now on another note, if you haven't tried swimming you should give it a shot you will be suprised.

Make sense now?:)

06-05-2001, 10:48 AM
hahaha. Barbell fall on your head this morning yates? :p

ericg
06-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys and gals......need to get my fat arse in motion again......cardio has been lacking lately.

eric

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-05-2001, 11:45 AM
Sav said it is easy to cheat on the stepper.

I have seen two kinds of stepper:

1) where there is a lot of resistance and you need to push down with your legs to keep up momentum <---- easy to cheat.

2) where you work harder as the resistance decreases meaning you gotta move your legs quicker <---- impossible to cheat. This kind of stepper in my view is the best - If i do 2-3 minutes on the highest intensity I am sweating like a fat man in a pie shop with no money.

ericg
06-05-2001, 01:28 PM
Great...thanks for the info. I know what you mean with the steppers and resistance.

What brand/kind of stepper do you guys use?? Or does anyone have a link to a place that sells them??

Thanks a bunch

beercan
06-05-2001, 01:31 PM
The older precor eliptical is the best, IMO

I don't like the way the newer one strides..

ElPietro
06-05-2001, 02:32 PM
Decide how much you want to spend first. Some equipment can get quite pricey, such as treadmills. Sure there are cheaper ones but make sure they can support your weight. Usually entry level treadmills support 200lbs or less. The ones at gyms are usually over $2,000. So once you know what you wanna spend you have a better idea of what you can get, then start thinking about which equipment is better for you.

Savannah
06-05-2001, 03:51 PM
What I meant between the two different step machines was a) there are ones such as the Stairmaster, where it's twopedals going up and down as you press down with your body weight,
and
b) a stepmill which is just like a treadmill except it's a track made up of stairs so it's just like walking continuously up a very long flight of actual stairs.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-05-2001, 04:25 PM
I know Anna - that is what i said!

:rolleyes:

Goin_Big
06-05-2001, 05:17 PM
A good pair of running shoes.
I think the road is free.

Maki Riddington
06-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
If i do 2-3 minutes on the highest intensity I am sweating like a fat man in a pie shop with no money.

*** Where do you come up with this stuff????
I'd love to go out and party with ya, you'd be a riot.:)

insect
06-05-2001, 08:00 PM
parents ordered a treadmill a few weeks ago. it comes tomorrow

:D

Chris Rodgers
06-05-2001, 09:18 PM
LMAO@ C_D!

Yaz
06-05-2001, 10:01 PM
* Here truds along Yaz, who's dieting and running. *

Hmm. The best piece of cardio equipment?
How about...

A BROKEN ONE! :mad:

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-06-2001, 06:43 AM
Actually Maki, I was gonna say sweating like a paedophile in a nursery but i didn't fancy likening my self to a paedophile.

RykardMaximus
06-06-2001, 07:19 AM
The best cardio/machine is that which you enjoy and keep up. Try all the machines at a local gym, running is free, mountain biking get up in the hiils. Cycling is deceptively hard.

What ever you choose you have to do it regularly.

RM

Budiak
06-08-2001, 03:47 AM
Nordic Trac!

YatesNightBlade
06-08-2001, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Yates, what I meant to say is that I agree with what Avatar said.

Now on another note, if you haven't tried swimming you should give it a shot you will be suprised.

Make sense now?:)

Yeah I just thought you was saying that Avatar said to try swimming. :)