PDA

View Full Version : ETS & shin splints

Organichu
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
I searched for shin splints in this forum and found nothing, so here goes:

Has anyone experienced a positive effect on shin splints from using ETS? I understand that the microlactin and the other ingredients have an incredible synergistic effect upon recovery, joint pain etc.- but what about stress impact pains, like this?

I really like jogging/running- much more than the elliptical- but it gets to the point where I literally cannot do it for more than two or three minutes at a time. The lactic acid hurts, but I can deal with it. I can't deal with the splints.

ryuage
03-08-2005, 02:35 PM
i wouldn't rely on it to and dont really see how it would help with shin splints

chris mason
03-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Give it a try and let us know. I suspect it could be helpful but have no data to support my guess.

I would love to know if it did help you.

Chris

Organichu
03-08-2005, 03:29 PM
All right, Chris; thanks for the frankness.

When my current supply of Nitrean expires, I'll order some ETS with my restocking.

JamesBOMB
03-18-2005, 02:05 AM
I searched for shin splints in this forum and found nothing, so here goes:

Has anyone experienced a positive effect on shin splints from using ETS? I understand that the microlactin and the other ingredients have an incredible synergistic effect upon recovery, joint pain etc.- but what about stress impact pains, like this?

I really like jogging/running- much more than the elliptical- but it gets to the point where I literally cannot do it for more than two or three minutes at a time. The lactic acid hurts, but I can deal with it. I can't deal with the splints.

Dont keep running on shin splints, you do NOT wanna fracture your bone, then you have are stuck in a cast. I could barely walk when I had shin splints last month, OUCH:(

SW
03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Do shin splints heal completely? I have'em and am fairly big, so it's easy for me to get them. I'd hate to be stuck with ****ed up shins.

TBone4Eva
03-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't see why they shouldn't heal completely as long as you are giving them a chance to heal. You just need to give your body time to adapt to the stress. In time, the thin muscle over the shin will get stronger and the bone itself will thicken to handle the increased stress, provided you have good nutrition.

SW
03-18-2005, 08:55 PM
^ Thanks. I'll give it time and I drink lotsa milk + eat well.