Thread: can i get these goals by next year

sports_freak589

can i get these goals by next year

hey ppl im a freshman in highschool im currently at 140 lbs 5'8'' last maxes 145 bench 180 squat 275 deadlift 135 incline, i want to get 225 bench 350 squat deadlift dont care and incline 200...do u guys think i can get that buy next year starting in november untill like mid july next year also i want to weight 170 and run a 4.7...currently run like 4.9

Banned
    Your strength goals seem reasonable, although I don't understand why you would ignore your deadlift.

Seeing as Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice run 4.7, I dount you will be able to. BTW you might want to get a better measure of your running speed, because there is no way in hell you run a 4.9.

schmitty199
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    Your strength goals seem reasonable, although I don't understand why you would ignore your deadlift.

Seeing as Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice run 4.7, I dount you will be able to. BTW you might want to get a better measure of your running speed, because there is no way in hell you run a 4.9.
    A highschool 40 timed by a coach with a stopwatch is alot different then an NFL time, like you pretty much said. Electronically timing it probably adds a couple tenths.
    Height:5'10
    Weight: 203
    Bench-295
    Squat-515
    Hclean-305
    JOURNAL: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ight=schmittys

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post

I'm pretty sure Rice ran a 4.4.

To the OP, the other #'s seem somewhat reasonable, except for the squat, I don't think you could get to 350 in less than a year.

If you indeed run a 4.9, it shouldn't be hard at all to get to a 4.7. Sometimes all you need is to learn a proper technique and you could pick up a couple of tenths in your time.

Banned
    Here's the wikipedia link

We cant predict what youll be able to do.. It can depend on diet, training, and genetics. For example, if you slack ass a few workouts now and then, you may not reach your goal.

All anyone can say is to try. Your goals arent too out there.. so eat and hit the iron and let US know what you can do
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

dedicated & disciplined
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPac View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rice ran a 4.4

Rice never ran quite that fast. He was around a 4.6 to 4.7 wr. I'm a huge Niner fan and Rice fan for that matter. What made him so good was his superb work ethic, route running and hands. I cant even imagine how much more untouchable his records would be with 4.4 speed.

To OP...Your goal seem somewhat attainable if youre still fairly new to lifting, are very determined and lift and eat like a monster till next summer. EATEATEAT then lift then eat somemore. Not impossible goals, just borderline.
    Current: 34 yrs. old 5'10.5'' 192 lbs.
    Goals: 195 lbs. 12% bf by dec.09'
    Long term goal: 225 lbs. 10-12% bf
    Best Lifts bench:355 11/10/08 Deadlift:475 5/5/08
    Squat:395 5/6/08.......Total:1225 RAW
    Goals: 1275 total by Dec 09'
    Long term goal: 1500 RAW

videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=emilyjeremy1

Those goals are definitely feasible... especially considering how young you are.
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

The goals seem steep. But since your young and fairly new to lifting. You might get some newbie gains. Not to mention it is far away. But your going to have to be super dedicated. But its good that you shoot high. I am the same way and goals make you feel awesome when you dominate them.