Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: are dairy products like eggs and milk bad for acne?

  1. #1
    Milk is your friend Vicioustorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    port elizabeth, south africa
    Posts
    108

    are dairy products like eggs and milk bad for acne?

    I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

    i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...
    Last edited by Vicioustorms; 04-19-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    16 years old
    181cm

  2. #2
    Banned bjohnso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    2,195
    I don't know, but eggs are not a dairy product.

    So you think that drinking apple cider vinegar is really helping? I tried that for a while but gave up - it was just too disgusting, even for me. If it really does something than I'd be willing to suck it up.

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicioustorms View Post
    I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

    i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...
    You want to get rid of acne, go on a drug called accutane, it is by prescription only. If that doesn't work nothing will. It is a damn powerful drug but works like magic.

  4. #4
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    71
    I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.
    Ht: 5' 8" Wt: 195 lbs

    Personal Bests
    Squat - 350x1
    Bench Press - 225x1
    Deadlift - 410x1
    Press - 135x6
    Floor Press - 225x2
    Rack Pulls - 500x1
    Incline Press - 175x3

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,096
    Yea at age 16, just about everyone has bad acne. just wash up as best you can and take advantage of the hormones you've got. I had some prescription stuff that i dabbed on my face (like those dot pains kind of) and it worked real well. Don't recall what it was called but i would recognize the name i bet.

    I wouldn't worry about the eggs or dairy. You're 16, you will have acne now matter what you eat. Its just the nature of puberty.
    Last edited by Reko; 04-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Wannabebig New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    why don't you try to take glutathione in a study they say it protect the liver and will give you great skin complexion.
    raquel

  7. #7
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bcraig5509 View Post
    I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.
    did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.

  8. #8
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by qjohnny2000 View Post
    did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.
    I agree Accutane is some serious stuff. My face would dry up so bad it would literally crack when I smiled. Eventually I stopped taking accutane, I could not deal with the side effects. Perhaps they have a milder dosage available now, its been over 10 years since I last tried it.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 164LBS
    Stage: Bulking

  9. #9
    Senior Member BFGUITAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,618
    Milk and eggs have very little to do with acne. Your young, chances are its the hormones. For me it was a genetic problem that was solved with accutane (best drug on the market for acne).

Similar Threads

  1. Amount of protein
    By syntekz in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
  2. ** 100 ** Tuna Recipes
    By Dr of Golf in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 10:58 AM
  3. Need some advise - Is my diet so bad?
    By ghostrider in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 10:42 AM
  4. Skinny Guy Needs Lots Of Help...
    By Scorpion in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
  5. Lactose Intolerance
    By YatesNightBlade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 05:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •