Thread: are dairy products like eggs and milk bad for acne?

Milk is your friend Vicioustorms's Avatar

are dairy products like eggs and milk bad for acne?

I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...
    Last edited by Vicioustorms; 04-19-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    16 years old
    181cm

I don't know, but eggs are not a dairy product.

So you think that drinking apple cider vinegar is really helping? I tried that for a while but gave up - it was just too disgusting, even for me. If it really does something than I'd be willing to suck it up.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicioustorms View Post
    I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...
    You want to get rid of acne, go on a drug called accutane, it is by prescription only. If that doesn't work nothing will. It is a damn powerful drug but works like magic.

Wannabebig Member
    I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.
    Ht: 5' 8" Wt: 195 lbs

Personal Bests
    Squat - 350x1
    Bench Press - 225x1
    Deadlift - 410x1
    Press - 135x6
    Floor Press - 225x2
    Rack Pulls - 500x1
    Incline Press - 175x3

Banned
    Yea at age 16, just about everyone has bad acne. just wash up as best you can and take advantage of the hormones you've got. I had some prescription stuff that i dabbed on my face (like those dot pains kind of) and it worked real well. Don't recall what it was called but i would recognize the name i bet.

I wouldn't worry about the eggs or dairy. You're 16, you will have acne now matter what you eat. Its just the nature of puberty.
    Last edited by Reko; 04-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    why don't you try to take glutathione in a study they say it protect the liver and will give you great skin complexion.
    raquel

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcraig5509 View Post
    I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.
    did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qjohnny2000 View Post
    did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.
    I agree Accutane is some serious stuff. My face would dry up so bad it would literally crack when I smiled. Eventually I stopped taking accutane, I could not deal with the side effects. Perhaps they have a milder dosage available now, its been over 10 years since I last tried it.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 164LBS
    Stage: Bulking

Milk and eggs have very little to do with acne. Your young, chances are its the hormones. For me it was a genetic problem that was solved with accutane (best drug on the market for acne).