Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you real big guys do for work

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    5'11 240 ~ nurse So being bigger than average guy and male nurse, you get some funny comments...remember the Fockers
    At least your name isnt Gaylord lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    I've worked for UPS for about 5 years p/t. Where are you at? I work in the West Sacramento hub. Certainly not glamorous, but bene's are great and not a bad second income.
    Hey man I work in a small Southwest Florida hub (Port Charlotte). I'm on Preload, how about you?
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

There are several large guys I work with. 2 engineers, a marketing person and a machinest.
    Nick V

5'11 240 ~ nurse So being bigger than average guy and male nurse, you get some funny comments...remember the Fockers
    Do you work at any of the iNOVA hospitals? I volunteer at ffx once a week...

Anyhow, 5'11, 230lbs work for an orthopedic company. My scrubs don't make me look that big

My boss is 6', 210lbs. My other boss is 6', 190lbs. One of my co workers is 5'7, 225lbs. Although we do work at a fitness equipment/powerlifting store
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I am not big..just a fat ass. But I am bigger than most where I work.

I am the group bitch.
    Last edited by borracho; 12-03-2008 at 01:22 PM.

6'4, 275-280lbs. I'm a third grade teacher.

Weaker
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    6ft, 320 and I'm an attorney. When I go to court in a suit I look like it's going to rip at any moment.
    Sounds like an awesome life. I'm wanting to go into law. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find time to train and still study as much as you need to in the competitive world of law? I live in the UK, so it may be different.
    Journal

BW: 12st/1168lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Big hiatus, deciding on new goals...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Portboy View Post
    Sounds like an awesome life. I'm wanting to go into law. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find time to train and still study as much as you need to in the competitive world of law? I live in the UK, so it may be different.
    Easy. he doesn't know jack **** about the law.

sears electronics part time, police internship then in two more years a police officer
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Portboy View Post
    Honestly, I did not lift one weight while in law school. It took up most of my time for 3 years. I started lifting about a week after I finished. I saw law school as that which need all my attention. So, now I slack off with work and lift.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    Easy. he doesn't know jack **** about the law.
    LOL - I am all knowing.

Brad08 is an atorney as well and by looking at his physique, he obviously didn't lift while we were in law school either.

Wannabebig Member
    i've seen some big guys at my gym who work ups/dhl and pest control. as for me im 5'10 weighing 190 lbs. and i work in a construction office.

I'm not that huge, but I do economic development for a municipality. I certainly look pretty in shape and big to most people in my usual office attire of khaki's and a polo shirt, though.

Most of my big powerlifter friends are grad students, but I do have some out in the real world. One of them is about 5'8, 270 lbs (a freaking bowling ball) and he teaches pre-school. Another powerlfiter friend is a State Trooper and now works SWAT team (he's about 6'5 and has freakish grip strength). Another (5'9, almost 300lbs) is a professor of English and benches 700 lbs. One is a statistics professor (5'7, 220lbs, squats 700lbs and deadlifts over 660, and benches >415 raw). Another one (~5'9, 240lbs) is a computer programmer who works for Microsoft.

So as you can see, powerlifters are pretty much like anyone else, except bigger and stronger.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Banned
    Brad08 is an atorney as well and by looking at his physique, he obviously didn't lift while we were in law school either.
    HARSH BRO, HARSH!

Seriously though, I didn't train during law school. I got into it toward the very end. A hard-training friend of mine did go through lawschool in Michigan though, while maintaining his training. He just skipped the drinking and hanging out and got in his 3 or 4 training sessions a week as therapy. It's definitely doable.
    Last edited by Brad08; 12-05-2008 at 10:05 AM.

6ft, 320 and I'm an attorney. When I go to court in a suit I look like it's going to rip at any moment.
    LOL!

What do you charge per hour?
    "to teach God's word, by his own example; that we must Love all things that God made" - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

DL: 375 RAW No Belt, No Wraps, No nothing!
    SQ: 325 RAW " " "
    BP: 220 RAW " " "

Total: 920 hahaha Not quite a 1000lbs (This was done back in 2008 )

5'8.5" @ 255lb
    I am a student at Carleton University. Majoring in psychology with a minor in religion. I work part time for the school, not certain on a career choice yet.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    Do you work at any of the iNOVA hospitals? I volunteer at ffx once a week...

Anyhow, 5'11, 230lbs work for an orthopedic company. My scrubs don't make me look that big
    No Central virginia uva ....your right the scrubs don't I've had people see me walking from the gym and say I didn't know you where big like that ha ha makes you feel good. I don't wear scrubs all the time so it's easier for people to tell in regular clothes.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Wannabebig Member
    I am a powerlineman do alot of work climbing steel towers and stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by left hook View Post
    sears electronics part time, police internship then in two more years a police officer
    what state do you live in? Im trying to get info about becoming a police officer and have a hard time getting specific info

Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    I am a do all maintenance mechanic at a shingle manufacturing facility
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat

Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

No Central virginia uva ....your right the scrubs don't I've had people see me walking from the gym and say I didn't know you where big like that ha ha makes you feel good. I don't wear scrubs all the time so it's easier for people to tell in regular clothes.
    Yeah, we need a set of scrubs like these:

Then everyone would just think I'm an incredibly big douche, lol.

I am a utility linemen. Its probably funny seeing a 6'3 300 + pound man climbing utility poles and stuff. Hell at my biggest I was 375 and like a ninja scurring up those things. Hard on the knees though so I mostly use my ladder now or just drive my bucket truck through peoples yards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    Yeah, we need a set of scrubs like these:

Then everyone would just think I'm an incredibly big douche, lol.
    What ortho company do you work for and what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    What ortho company do you work for and what do you do?
    I work for a company called Hanger, specifically, the company deals with orthotics and prosthetics. As of right now I am working towards becoming a certified orthotist, my title is as an orthotic fitter but I really go beyond that scope of practice... so basically I measure, make, modify (to name a few) back braces for compression fx's, custom molded foot orthotics, Ankle Foot Orthoses for pt's with foot drop, fit cam walkers, neck braces, knee braces (acl/mcl/pcl/ci), etc.
    Last edited by fpr; 12-06-2008 at 06:21 PM.