Thread: Losing Fat Gaining Muscle

Wannabebig New Member

Losing Fat Gaining Muscle

Hey everyone i need some help. I am currently 6 foot 4 and weigh about 260 pounds. I have started doing cardio 4 times a week and the other 3 days im weight lifting. I am taking Protein shakes after every workout. I also know all the exercises i need to do. The only problem is that i need is that i dont know what kind of Meal Plan i should be doing. Is there any website or anything that shows a week Meal plan?

If you're looking to lose some fat while minimizing muscle loss do a search for carb cycling. There's a ton of threads on it here, should have all the information you'd need. Look up the Ultimate Diet 2.0 as well, you can also buy the book online and download it as a pdf.

If you want to actually gain muscle while losing fat, it'll take a more drastic diet and you'll have to be extremely disciplined.

What kind of cardio are you doing?
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wannabebig New Member
    Im doing treadmill running for about 20-25 minutes a day. mosly i want to lose belly fat

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing19 View Post
    Im doing treadmill running for about 20-25 minutes a day. mosly i want to lose belly fat
    Just remember belly fat is tough! Especially as we get older,so most likely you will have to lose fat a lot of other places before you will notice large gains in the midsection. Good luck do the work!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that its very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

mmm... discipline
    Hey Redwing.

You don't need any specific meal plan. You need to understand the basics. Eat whole healthy foods. Know how many calories you are consuming. Lift heavy. Make sure your lifts are slowly going up. Squat. Do some intense cardio here or there.

It's incredibly difficult and very complicated to lose fat and gain muscle within the same week. That's why I would advise against it.

If you feel your bodyfat is high, then cut for a few months. All you have to do is find how many calories you lose weight on, and stick to that number.

I find that I can effectively lose fat by just keeping my stomach only 2/3 full. I don't count calories or anything. I just lift heavy and eat right.

So... get the basics down.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan936 View Post
    Lift heavy. Make sure your lifts are slowly going up.
    When you say "going up," you mean the negative portion of the lift vs. literally the direction up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KramerTM View Post
    When you say "going up," you mean the negative portion of the lift vs. literally the direction up, right?
    I believe he means to make sure you keep adding weight to the bar and getting stronger.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Although increasing strength will come with weight training its not the only or best way to measure results. There is a ceiling effect when it comes to strength and unless your are a strongman or powerlifter the amount of weight is only a small part of the bigger picture if the goal is fatloss and to build muscle. Intensity of workouts, proper nutrition, etc... all are major contributors to increasing your metabolic rate.

Also just running doesn't do anything to increase ones metabolism all it does is burn calories, theres a big difference. You want to look to do things such as complexes, systematic exercises, etc... things that have a large cary over to improving someones metabolism, conditioning, workload capacity.

Unfourtunatley its not a black and white answer and it takes proper assessment to determine what nutrition plan and program someone needs to be on. But generaly speaking use whole unprocessed foods and use submaintenace calories.