Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: EFS knee sleeves

  1. #1
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037

    EFS knee sleeves

    I was just wondering if anyone here has any expereince with the super heavy knee sleeve from EFS and what your thoughts are about them? Also, how did you measure for them? I am thinking about getting a pair and just curious. Thanks!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    229
    One of my training partners has them and he said they are great. I have the rehbands and i love those

  3. #3
    Senior Member 44pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    769
    They are similar to double convicts. Pretty stiff and give rebound.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...s-Training-Log

    5'`9.5" 238
    Comp Lifts
    2ply Squat 550 10/17/09 Bench 470 10/17/09 DL 480 10/17/09
    Raw Squat 550 10/26/2013 Bench 425 5/14/11 DL 530 10/26/2013

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone here has any expereince with the super heavy knee sleeve from EFS and what your thoughts are about them? Also, how did you measure for them? I am thinking about getting a pair and just curious. Thanks!!!
    A friend of mine has the elbow sleeves and had some issues with sizing, although I believe EFS has since straitened out the sizing chart. They are pretty constrictive so if you are looking for carryover they would be good - but for warmth (injury prevention, etc.) I would go with a neoprene sleeve such as Rehband or Tommy Kono.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

    Weight: 235 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 515 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

    Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

  5. #5
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank27 View Post
    One of my training partners has them and he said they are great. I have the rehbands and i love those
    Quote Originally Posted by 44pirate View Post
    They are similar to double convicts. Pretty stiff and give rebound.
    Thanks guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaffis View Post
    A friend of mine has the elbow sleeves and had some issues with sizing, although I believe EFS has since straitened out the sizing chart. They are pretty constrictive so if you are looking for carryover they would be good - but for warmth (injury prevention, etc.) I would go with a neoprene sleeve such as Rehband or Tommy Kono.
    I'm not sure how the sizing chart works out. So i'm gonna go with 2XL and hope they fit good. I normally wear the TK sleeves for the warmth and especially since for the injury prevention since my knee surgery.

    I'm doing a USPA meet next month and they allow these sleeves as well as double ply convict sleeves and since I can't find any around I'm going to try these out. Thanks for the input Tom.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I'm not sure how the sizing chart works out. So i'm gonna go with 2XL and hope they fit good. I normally wear the TK sleeves for the warmth and especially since for the injury prevention since my knee surgery.

    I'm doing a USPA meet next month and they allow these sleeves as well as double ply convict sleeves and since I can't find any around I'm going to try these out. Thanks for the input Tom.
    Do they allow the Inzer Knee "Sleeves"? Those would be the best for carryover, but EFS would be the best true sleeve since Convict sleeves are out of stock.

    If you do really want the Convicts you can get them from Europe - except they are navy blue with yellow stripes.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

    Weight: 235 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 515 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

    Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

  7. #7
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Do they allow the Inzer Knee "Sleeves"? Those would be the best for carryover, but EFS would be the best true sleeve since Convict sleeves are out of stock.

    If you do really want the Convicts you can get them from Europe - except they are navy blue with yellow stripes.
    No, they don't allow them because they are adjustable. I was looking at there site and EFS is out of stock. I'm guessing from the chart I would need a 5XL.

    Where can you buy the convicts in Europe?
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  8. #8
    Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    2,039
    Tom, are those the Red/black ones you dawn?
    My training journal:
    thecityalive is dead meat
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench:255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 535 (1/12/15)
    Squat: 455 (1/8/15)
    Total: 1245 lbs.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    Tom, are those the Red/black ones you dawn?
    The red/black ones that I have are old single ply APT sleeves, I believe that they have been out of stock for a while.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

    Weight: 235 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 515 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

    Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    229
    Looks like the efs sleeves are on sale now. Like 26$

  11. #11
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037
    I saw that and I also saw that they have 5XL in stock so I placed an order this morning, so we'll see.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    University at Albany
    Posts
    2,513
    I wear them when I squat. Definately strong. They'll give you rebound. I wear a 4xl. Not sure if this helps, but I have skinny legs for a 300lb dude. My quads are about 27" and the 4xl is a pretty snug fit. Hope that helps.

  13. #13
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    I wear them when I squat. Definately strong. They'll give you rebound. I wear a 4xl. Not sure if this helps, but I have skinny legs for a 300lb dude. My quads are about 27" and the 4xl is a pretty snug fit. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the input. I hope the size I ordered aren't too big. I talked to Jo Jordan and he told me to measure 2" above and below my knee. So I figured 5XL will fit the best for me. I guess I'll find out when I get them in, if they're too big I'll just exchange them.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  14. #14
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    13,037
    I got my sleeves in Yesterday and tried them on. They are THICK!!!! They fit nice and snug around my quad and calf, but a little loose around my knee. I ordered the 5XL and i'm thinking about getting the 4XL once they got them in stock. I never messed around with APT sleeves but these EFS super heavys are pretty serious.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    705SQ, 457BP, 749DL and 1912 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  15. #15
    Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    2,039
    I had to order a size down for the same reason. I have a 3XL now. These things are awesome.
    My training journal:
    thecityalive is dead meat
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench:255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 535 (1/12/15)
    Squat: 455 (1/8/15)
    Total: 1245 lbs.

Similar Threads

  1. elite fts elbow sleeves and knee sleeves
    By Bosshogg300 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
  2. original rehband knee sleeves or APT double ply convict sleeves?
    By thewicked in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 02:12 PM
  3. knee sleeves and elbow sleeves
    By BoAnderson71 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
  4. knee sleeves
    By alert20 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
  5. Rehbands Knee sleeves
    By blownby in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 02:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •