Thread: Jogging (cardio)

Hybrid View

When jogging or doing any type of cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, approximately how many minutes does it take to start burning fat. I've heard in the past it takes 20 minutes and I've also heard that you start burning fat once in your target heart rate. Or if your jogging without any food in your system, will the fat burning start right away? Someone shed some light.

I always say that it shouldnt go pat 20 min or you may be starting to burn too much muscle. So make sure you cannot do more than 20 min, how do you do that? with intensity, make sure that you cannot talk to someone while doing you cardio, if you can, your not going intense enough. A good way to burn a lot of fat in 20 min i find is the HIIT ( hight intensity interval training) put togheter by Shawn Phillips, you can go check it out at the muscle media website. Oh and while its true that you will burn more fat in a fastened state, i dont think that youll start to burn fat RIGHT AWAY, while im not sure about this, there must be still some energy left from the food you ate the day before, so id say you start burning the fat after about 5 min, with a high intensity.