Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TwiloMike shall disrobe for you

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar

TwiloMike shall disrobe for you UPDATED 10.1.06

Welcome to my first picture thread. This is quite humbling. Included are a pic from a year ago and several pics from today. I weigh in today at a portly, for me, 198lbs. I'm 27, 6'2.8". I'm at the top of my bulk and am considering a mini cut, not because I have a problem with my size but because my clothes do. Comments, criticism (preferrably constructive), are very welcome.

This is me in June of '05:

These are pics from today:

And a relaxed pic from today:

Any guesses about my bf%? I tend to store fat mainly in my midsection.

Muchas gracias.
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 10-01-2006 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Updated Pics 10.1.06
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Geez I never know with the fellas. You ONLY have it there, can't be higher than 20%. Vein down your bicep, too.

???

You've got excellent symmetry, NICE legs! Sweet bis, tris, great pec genetics.

I'm looking forward to seeing you cut this summer! You're gonna be SMOKIN' hot!

OMG thank you MuscleLady! You are way kind to me. <3

The pics don't show it but I actually have pretty awful symmetry (20 degree scoliosis curve). My back is all out of whack and my right pec seems to be missing it's upper/outer portion. That's just the stuff that I obsess about.

Thank you for the leg comment- they are my pride currently, best growth out of any other bodypart.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

You're about 18%. From 18% is where the fun part starts cause you wake up in the morning and you notice new cuts here and there every day.
    5'6
    29.5 waist

Bench:240-250, somewhere in that area.
    Squat:315
    Deadlift:385-405

Goal: Lift more, Be Bigger and look Better.

Big improvement man. It looks like you put on some good mass. Keep it up.

Fighter.
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

I could agree with 18%

Looking good overall!

I meant that in a non-gay way

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Nice bulk, excellent progress. Choice is yours of course but I'd say you have room to continue your bulk unless you really don't feel like shopping for bigger clothes. Good luck.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

I would also give an 18% or so, maybe a tad higher in the mid section and a tad lower in the legs...looking great man, after a cut you will be quite impressive. If anything needs work I would say traps.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Nice looking legs man! Thick arms in the side on pic make you torso look great, very good changes in the amount of time. You'll look fantastic after you cut down a few percent, hopefully the torso fat will reduce quickly

MeHoW- That's what I'm hoping for.

FighterInSnatch- Muchas gracias.

mrelwooddowd- I wouldn't expect you to mean it in any other way. Thanks!

Nosaj- Heh, thanks man. I can't afford a new wardrobe right now and I have sooo much summer clothing that I would love to use that it'd be a sin for me to buy more stuff.

Sidior- Thanks, I also think that traps need more work. I will add a few sets of shrugs to my routine.

Risk10k- Thank you! The torso fat will be stubborn, if history is any indicator. My legs have certainly come up the most. I can't wait to see what they will look like after a cut, though the cut won't be too deep. I just want to fit my old clothing, not go all out a-la Built. A couple of inches loss in my waist is all I want.
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 04-24-2006 at 06:39 AM.

Looking good mike. Legs look well balanced with upper body. I'd say your midsection problem isn't as much of a problem as you think. I think the problem is that you need to develop better balance between your lateral obliques and chest/back. Especially your back. If you can widen your back a bit it should make that waist look smaller and balance out slightly overdeveloped lateral obliques. The reason I say that is because in the first pic you can see how much they stand out. Best of luck on your goals for the summer cut.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

nice improvements, legs are solid. have you tried running >1 mile 5 days a week?

ectx- working on it. I'm hitting back heavily to compensate for my child-bearing hips. Chest is probably my slowest growing muscle group.

thoughtshewas18- Thanks! I hadn't run more than the length of a short city block in years...

Bench? Squat? etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX
    Bench? Squat? etc etc...
    Errr.... I don't lift for max, so I've no idea about that.

My latest PRs are:

Squat- 185x? don't remember...
    Bench- 195x4
    SLDL- 225x6

Looking good, especially since you haven't been lifting for much more than a year. Your arms and legs are looking very large and it seems like most of your bodyfat is in your midsection area... I'm the same way.

I'd guess at your bodyfat % but my ability to estimate got turned upside-down this week when I did a hydrostatic comp. lab of myself and ended up with what I thought couldn't be true (bleh, I'll include it in my next picture thread, soon to come).

Keep up the work, you able to give us estimates on how much you started off being able to lift?
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Hmmm....when I started off I wasn't doing deads or squats, my bench pretty much maxed out somewhere around 155 with a BB and 60s with DB. On the leg press I was moving 4.5 plates per side maximum.... that's a rough estimate of where I was.

Banned
    I will agree with Rene that you look sharp and that putting more work into your chest/back will improve the appearance of your torso overall. You've clearly made progress, and just need to keep pluggin' away.

If you're not doing it already, hit your chest (or whatever else you've decided is your weakest part) FIRST each week in your workout schedule. Attack the weak/lagging bodypart with the most intensity you can muster. Then it won' grow as slowly.

Excellent work Mike. I totally agree with built on great chest genetics. As you work it more it will develop deeper and wider. Even the lats are peeking out in one of those front pics. Arms are improving well and legs look big strong. Keep at it, you're a work in progress as you improve so will those delts giving you even a much wider look.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

i'm going to agree with most other people that your chest and legs stand out as your stronger muscle groups (you're starting off bench max is 60lbs greater than mine was lol). if i were to point at the muscles i think you should pay the most attention to - delts, back, traps. although you have no back pictures posted, i'd assume the development is on par with the rest of your body? large delts, well-developed back, and bulging traps are a hallmark of the best physiques, in my opinion. progress looks great though, i am sure you'll continue to make great improvements.
    Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man Schweigen.

~L. Wittgenstein

Callahan- That is the plan, yes. I'm going to start BGB one of these days and chest/delts will have priority. In the last few months I focused on legs more than anything else because, frankly, they were embarrassing.

rookiebldr- Thank you, HMD.

Narcissus- Thanks man! I just recently figured out how to bench without injuring my delts so delt progress is soon coming. My back is fairly strong (compared to the rest of me) but I will need someone to help me take a proper pic of it. I will post it once I have it.

LOL BTW nice title for the thread.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Looking good dude. Major difference from the first picture... Nice balanced physique. Lower body fat a few more points and you should be ace... But, even if you stayed the same, you look great. Nothing to be unhappy about, for certain.

fatrb38- Thanks man. I try.

ArchAngel777- Thank you very much for the kind words. Overall I'm both surprised and flattered by the comments I've gotten so far. The support network here is awesome.

Of course there is support. You know we'd rip you apart if you looked totally like a 198lb weakling, right? :evillaugh
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 04-25-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo