Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone on this site max 360 or more on bench?

Wannabebig Member

Does anyone on this site max 360 or more on bench?

I'm just wondering if there is anyone on this sight that ways somewhere around 200lbs, and can bench 360lbs or more at least one time?
    Last edited by Tru Texan; 11-29-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 213lbs
    Current Bench Max: 350lbs
    CurrentGoal: Decent abs, Decent looking body ,and benching 400lbs one day

Yep. Why does it matter?

PS - moved to general chat.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I weigh about 215lbs and yes.

Why do you ask?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Wannabebig Member
    Well, I'm trying to prove a point...U see, I was told that according to a certain chart, only certain strength gains are achievable...I simply stated that when I was in high school, I worked out 4 sets of 10 w/425lbs on squat, and that my max was close to 600...but at the time my weight was around 165lbs, 175lb at the most. Another member on here swears this is unheard of and not achievable...and I was just wondering what everyone else thinks...And in fact, according to this same chart, a person weighing 198lbs is considered elite if he benches 362lbs...and I PERSONALLY KNOW plenty of people way past that margin....So what do ya'll think?

Oh, and here is the convo below, the site to those charts/standards are included...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Well, I don't think any one is going to help you because people don't have much patience for people who are clearly liars.

For example, your claim of a 600 lbs squat at 165 lbs? Clearly a lie. According to strength standards at http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html a squat of 600 lbs at 165 lbs would put you well past elite territory. In fact, your claim to have squatted 425 for 4 sets of 10 reps? Also, clearly a lie. 445 for a one-rep max is elite territory and you're doing reps of 10 with almost as much weight? Ha.

165 lbs is 75 kg exactly. In the Sub-Juniors division (High School), the world record for squats is 272.5 or 599.5 lbs. See http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/worl...sub_jun_pl.htm My only question, is why didn't you try to break that record if you supposedly had it in you?

The thing is, these guys train like crazy and have to be naturally strong in the first place to break these sort of records, so I really don't see how some guy who barely knows what he's doing, would have been capable of beating them by accident.

So if you want to come in here and make up fake numbers, because you think people on here might actually be impressed, then try to keep the realistic next time okay?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Yep. Why does it matter?

PS - moved to general chat.
    Thanks for moving it, my bad for posting it in the wrong forum

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Ah, the plot thickens ....

A squat breaks parallel. True parallel.

A benchpress touches the chest, then is pressed fully up, unaided.

Do you do half squats or half benches?

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    600 lb parallel or below squat @ 165 lbs is incredibly strong and rare, I know that.

Wannabebig Member
    I do full on everything....Like I said...I was benching 315lbs, when I only weighed 190, 195....So according to that chart, I am advanced...And I know guys that are blowing me away in numbers, so according to that chart, they are beyond elite....
    And he swears that the 4 sets of 10 at 425 are unheard of..According to him 445lbs at a 1rm would have been elite... I know guys that bench more than that....and they are 22-24yrs old...and not over 240lbs...
    Now when I got to college, and a strength coach saw me squat, and really tried to get me into powerlifting...He saw me warming up w/ 275, and then saw me do 4 sets at 405 and couldnt' believe it...But I passed it up b/c he wasn't talking scholarships or anything...But he did say that I would be a guarantee win for my wgt. class, but I'd have to get my bench, deadlift and powercling numbers up....( I was only benching 245, deadlifting 315, and clinging 245) But even the coach couldn't understand how I could be so small and squat so much..
    Last edited by Tru Texan; 11-29-2006 at 03:31 PM.

600 lb squat at 165... sorry man 600 equipped is awesome at 165 so without a video im callin bull****.

So you're capable of doing full barbell squats, 4x10, 425 lbs, breaking parallel each time at a weight of 175?

That would be very good, though hard to believe. Perhaps you should compete.

True. Let's see a video now. Having gained weight you should be able to do even more now.
    Last edited by betastas; 11-29-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Not capable now....this was when I was in high school. I've had a motorcycle wreck and knee surgery since then...But I haven't worked my quads in yrs, just started back 2 weeks ago and I'm already doing sets of 8-10 at 275lbs, and I haven't squat in 6 yrs or so...I'm sure if I tried, and wanted to grow in size, I could have my squat max at 405 by the summer....and so, and so on
    Last edited by Tru Texan; 11-29-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Ah of course. I'm sorry man but I can confidently say there has probably never ever been a 165-175 lb high school student who could suqat 4 sets of 10 at 425 lbs.. let alone squat 600 to parallel.

4x10 at 425lbs w/ a bodyweight of 165 is very strong IMO. Ya, it is very doable, but I can see why there are doubters b/c hard to prove on the internet and at that BW that is a lot of weight. 600 MAX I say your full of *****.

And yes to 360, at a BW of 225lbs.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 11-29-2006 at 03:42 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

post a video
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

Ya, it is very doable
    ???

are you kidding? I use to train with Phil Halliwell a 242 weight class world record holding powerlifter who was squatting upwards of 950 in his gear and he would roll over laughing at this guy. Phil would have a hard time accomplishing a feat like that.

Wannabebig Member
    I understand the doubt, hell I'd doubt it too if I didn't know personally. But it doesn't mean I'm lieing about it....And like I said, according to that chart, people benching over 360, and weighing under 200lbs would be considered liars and posting bull**** as well....go figure

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    ???

are you kidding? I use to train with Phil Halliwell a 242 weight class world record holding powerlifter who was squatting upwards of 950 in his gear and he would roll over laughing at this guy. Phil would have a hard time accomplishing a feat like that.
    425 for 4sets of 10. He would have trouble doing that?
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

I was only benching 245, deadlifting 315, and clinging 245
    Your body generally likes to grow as a whole... I cant imagine having such a powerful squat yet having clearly inadequate and uncomparable #'s in other lifts.

Gamer/Lifter
    360 at 200? VERY possible.

In highschool 165 at 425 4x10? I'm sorry thats difficult to believe.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, I have some questions...What would be believeable as a 1rm on squat at the weight of 165? Same question for a person at the weight of 200-210? w/ and w/o knee surgery ( meniscus tears)
    Last edited by Tru Texan; 11-29-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Thats not really my issue.. I dont really have a problem believing you can squat 600lbs... at that weight.. yes it is a very impressive #, but I have a harder time believing that at the time of your 'lift' you seemed to be bordering 'untrained' #'s in comparison to your squat. Someone at 165lbs can put up some impressive numbers, but they will be putting up impressive #s in ALL of their lifts.

If you came and claimed that you had a 600 lb squat, and a huge bench and dead.. i'd think you are probably exaggerating.. but i wouldnt dismiss it completely.
    Last edited by ancom41; 11-29-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancom41 View Post
    Thats not really my issue.. I dont really have a problem believing you can squat 600lbs... at that weight.. yes it is a very impressive #, but I have a harder time believing that at the time of your 'lift' you seemed to be bordering 'untrained' #'s in comparison to your squat. Someone at 165lbs can put up some impressive numbers, but they will be putting up impressive #s in ALL of their lifts.

If you came and claimed that you had a 600 lb squat, and a huge bench and dead.. i'd think you are probably exaggerating.. but i wouldnt dismiss it completely.
    Yup.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Wannabebig Member
    Well, its cool.... I'm not suprised people doubt it, its just weird to me b/c SO MANY people in TX were puttin up numbers when I played football. But we didn't have powerlifting in my school so I never even considered it. But me and the coaches always found it funny that I was pushing over 330lbs lineman in high school, and I was 165lbs..I was so small, they even lied in the programs they sold at the games..They put me in as 180lbs b/c a defensive end at 165lbs just seemed ridiculous.. But then again, so did our freshman receiver who ran a 4.3 fresh out of middle school (and he was barely 5'4") I'm gonna check and see what my knee limitations are..If I'm this rare, then maybe I can compete w/squat for my weight class, but I suck at everything else.. Thanks for all of ur input and comments guys!

One more thing, does anyone know what those competition numbers would be in squat for a wgt class 200 and under? 220 and under?
    Last edited by Tru Texan; 11-29-2006 at 04:10 PM.

If you squat halfway, you can almost double your squat max numbers.