Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my bench shirt no good?

Is my bench shirt no good?

I recently bought myself a shirt, and after some advice frome here, and reading some other posts etc.. i decided to go for the Inzer Extra High Performance HD Blast.
    My shirt
    I gave my measurements, and i guess they custom made it. I added about half an inch to all the measurements given that i am a shirt newbie, and DAMN I'm glad i did. It takes me and a friend about 5 mins to put it on, which isn't too bad, and probably is as tight as it should be. Although, the pain it gives me at the back of my underarm is just not worth it.. It hurts a bit in most places, but its like someone wrenching my underarm hairs out with a pair of pliers!
    I would just deal with this if it increased my bench dramatically, but its doesn't. I can only wear the shirt for 10 mins, then my arms start going funny colours and the pain behind my arm feels like i will need stitches..

Anyway, my raw max is about 315, and i can get the shirt to touch with 225. I benched 315 with the shirt, and it felt the same as 315 raw. I tried for 325 with the shirt, and couldn't get it!
    I cant squeeze my shoulder blades together with the shirt, i think this may be a major cause, but surely it is the wrong cut for my body shape...??

Sorry for the long read, hopefully someone can give me some advice, maybe even a "Harden the **** up!" "We're all in eye watering pain!" but somehow it cant be normal..

Cheers guys..

Current PR's (updated 19th March.)

Bench: 325lbs/ 145kgs
    Dead: 395lbs/ 180kgs
    Squat: 370lbs/ 165kgs x 1 parallel.

I had an EHPHD and loved it. Assuming it's the right size, you might just not be wearing it right. Are you hiking up the sleeves? If you are, that's why it's not working.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I've put on him and it sits well, the only things we havn't done are;

a) Twisting the sleeves
    b) Having the palms up all the time
    c) Getting him to set up with and underhand grip

Can you explain hiking up Sensei?

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    The shirt is probably too big. Especially since you can touch 225 in the shirt. Also, 315 in a shirt shouldn't feel like a raw 315.

J.T. HALL
    http://www.myspace.com/bigwillie12345

The shirt litterally cuts pretty nasty on him, right along the seams in the armpit. Any thoughts on how it should feel guys? We don't really have any other guys with equipment to talk too.

The blast is not a very good shirt , your not going to get much out of one.

Wannabebig Member

Shirt Problems

The blast blows. Go for a Titan fury for a first shirt, or maybe a metal (1 ply). Don't go w/Rage-X unless you have experience, patience, and a good workout partner/team. I had a fury, and with my arch could touch 275, at the time my raw was about 335lbs, and I got 405 with it. The blast is a glorified tshirt, hell you see dudes at the club wearing shirts that tight. good luck, and if you go titan, order from gopainclinic, Ken Anderson,or that little hottie Priscilla Ribic, you'll get much better service and a quick turnaround, as opposed to ordering from Titan, as your weight will probably go up a class, or you will die before they get you the shirt.

Wannabebig Member
    unfortunately, the blast shirts are junk. poor performance + uncomfortable as hell. like piano wire pulled through your arm pit.

i don't subscribe to the beginner shirt theory. buy a good shirt and learn to use it. just don't get something insanely tight.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddurkee View Post
    i don't subscribe to the beginner shirt theory. buy a good shirt and learn to use it. just don't get something insanely tight.

:withstupi
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Quote Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    The shirt is probably too big. Especially since you can touch 225 in the shirt. Also, 315 in a shirt shouldn't feel like a raw 315.
    Well, i did think this maybe the case, but the cuts are deep, and any tighter would likely result in a trip to the doc...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    The shirt litterally cuts pretty nasty on him, right along the seams in the armpit. Any thoughts on how it should feel guys? We don't really have any other guys with equipment to talk too.
    This is true....

Quote Originally Posted by Darracq View Post
    The blast is not a very good shirt , your not going to get much out of one.
    Really? I have read some good reviews on them, whats your take on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzg View Post
    The blast blows. Go for a Titan fury for a first shirt, or maybe a metal (1 ply). Don't go w/Rage-X unless you have experience, patience, and a good workout partner/team. I had a fury, and with my arch could touch 275, at the time my raw was about 335lbs, and I got 405 with it. The blast is a glorified tshirt, hell you see dudes at the club wearing shirts that tight. good luck, and if you go titan, order from gopainclinic, Ken Anderson,or that little hottie Priscilla Ribic, you'll get much better service and a quick turnaround, as opposed to ordering from Titan, as your weight will probably go up a class, or you will die before they get you the shirt.
    Thats good info right there, thanks mate. How do you find the fit? How hard is it it for you to put on? How much pain are you in with it on?

unfortunately, the blast shirts are junk. poor performance + uncomfortable as hell. like piano wire pulled through your arm pit.

Interesting... Makes sense to me, but wouldn't you need to take poundages in to account? Obviously i couldnt use a shirt that i cant get 400 to touch...

Thanks alot for the input...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzg View Post
    The blast blows. Go for a Titan fury for a first shirt, or maybe a metal (1 ply). Don't go w/Rage-X unless you have experience, patience, and a good workout partner/team. I had a fury, and with my arch could touch 275, at the time my raw was about 335lbs, and I got 405 with it. The blast is a glorified tshirt, hell you see dudes at the club wearing shirts that tight.
    Wow, I totally disagree. The basic Inzer Blast shirt DOES blow - it made my bench worse, but the EHPHD is a good shirt. Definately not the shirt it was before the RageX, etc., but it's a good shirt.

To the OP,
    What I mean by "hiking up the sleeves" is the material should not be bunched up at all on your upper arm - pull the sleeves "down" towards your elbows and take the time to work out any bunched up material at the armpit.

As far as the hunched over feeling - I don't think there's a lot you can do about that except practice your arch and upper back tightness in a shirt A LOT. Keeping your chest out will stretch the material further, creating more tension and, hopefully, increasing the effectiveness of the shirt.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    To the OP,
    What I mean by "hiking up the sleeves" is the material should not be bunched up at all on your upper arm - pull the sleeves "down" towards your elbows and take the time to work out any bunched up material at the armpit.
    I see. There is no slack in the armpit at all, I've been taking it out while pulling the sleeves on, there is never a chance for it to get bunched in the pits, the back seams drift forward after a few mintues of being on - and I'm going to assume as soon as he setups up. Should we be pulling the sleeves towards his elbows a little more?

I always planned to make a video showing how to put on a basic shirt, but never had time...

If you posted a video of you putting on the shirt, we could probably give more feedback, including sizing.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    :withstupi
    be clear, chris, i'm stupid or my post is stupid?

be clear, chris, i'm stupid or my post is stupid?
    it means he agrees with you lol
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mmort4l View Post
    Interesting... Makes sense to me, but wouldn't you need to take poundages in to account? Obviously i couldnt use a shirt that i cant get 400 to touch...
    buy a current technology shirt (rage-x, f6, metal bash, whatever) but get the fit a little loose. learning to touch is about form, not weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I always planned to make a video showing how to put on a basic shirt, but never had time...

If you posted a video of you putting on the shirt, we could probably give more feedback, including sizing.
    I saw your vid that you made about the basic principles of a shirt, where you used a t shirt bunched up. I would be keen to see a vid if you feel like doing one sometime. Your vids are great, very helpful.

I will get a vid today, and post it up, hope that will help..

buy a current technology shirt (rage-x, f6, metal bash, whatever) but get the fit a little loose. learning to touch is about form, not weight.
    How loose are we talking here? With measurements for example, relaxed measurements + 1 inch?
    Thanks

like the f6. and rage x. I would get a shirt that is 2 sizes bigger than your relazed chest mesurment. if you measure 42 get a size 44.

I don't know about Titan sizing, but Inzer you measure shoulder circumference and then consult charts to determine the shirt size.

If you have any doubts, take measurements and then talk to a distributor who is knowledgeable, NOT just any operator that you might get if you called, for example, Inzer directly.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-04-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Wow, I actually had a lot of success with the EHPHD as my first shirt. I'd definitely recommend it as a first shirt. But yeah, touching 315 right away, it's too loose. It took me weeks before I first touched with my EHPHD. So yes I would recommend the EHPHD, but be prepared for pain in the armpit region. If you aren' prepared for pain, start with a Rage X; I learned this thing in like 2 sessions.

Well, I jumped in the shirt yesterday. I'm probally 2" smaller in the arms and roughly the same size chest. This is how it wen't

225 x no touch
    265 x no touch (If I pulled down onto the bar and bellyed up I would of got it down to aroun a one board)
    286 x Touched, but no pop off the chest. Complete fail.

There is some nice cuts in my arm pits, they are no where near as bad as 1mmot4ls first few times in it. Its oversized for me but I still got a solid 50lbs carryover.

I'll wait until my double denim gets here and see how I feel in that before I jump into a poly shirt.

Four words for you "Triples in the shirt!"
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Four words for you "Triples in the shirt!"
    Good point... practice and finding the groove is everything.

Banned
    id get a different shirt, i use a loose blast that is 7 years old to help prevent injury and get 0lbs out of it, it is loose enought to not cut me and only takes a minute to put on by myself, but i just use it so i dont hurt my shoulders
    i have a titan f6 i am trying to learn completly different shirt, it doesnt cut me and hopefully will add some lbs once i take some time and learn it.

Wannabebig New Member
    Can anyone help me choose the right inzer bench shirt , and a deadlift suit size :

Height : 6'3"
    Weight : 115 kg
    Chest : 46"
    Shoulders : 54"
    Biceps : 18"
    Waist : 40"
    Hips : 46"
    Quads : 27"
    Followed the sizing chart got a H.D Blast shirt size 54 , but looks heaps to small , do you measure yourself in inchs or cms ?????